Click here for the Word version – April 2017 Flyer
Sporting Challenge Activities.
Social Activities for People with Additional Needs.
Activities April 2017.
Welcome to the latest flyer.
The next flyer will be out by 20th April 2017. This month sees the return of the quiz night and also our second new Dance session in Burscough. I hope you all come and try it out. Each month I am trying to have some different activities where possible. Please let me have feedback on our sessions, suggestions and ideas are always most welcome. I hope you have a nice Easter Break.
From 1st April please use my new email address as I will be working independently as Sporting Challenge’s Activity Organiser. Everything will continue as before, there will be no other changes to the way we organise our activities and the work I do.
Best wishes, Edward McCarthy Sporting Challenge Activities Coordinator.
For further information – please contact EdwardatEMSS@gmail.com
Or Tel 07971 299606.
- Price per activity is half if you come with your own support staff.
- If you are dropped off by a parent/volunteer you still pay full price.
- You can only come to one bowling or boccia, unless you come with your own support.
- If you prefer you can pay for all your activities monthly by cheque, please ask for details.
- If you would like a receipt for the payments for the activities this is available if you email Edward.
- If you have a blue badge please bring it.
- When staff/volunteer/parents drop people off please make sure it is outside the person’s house and make sure you see them go in.
|Only 4th and 11th April||Computer Course||Methodist Church Hall, Orrell Lane, Burscough, L40 0SG.||£7||6:30pm-8:30pm|
|3rd April||Bowling||Premier Bowl, Southport.||£10||7:30pm|
|5th April||Boccia and New Age Kurling||Arts Centre, Burscough Wharf.||£7||7:30pm|
|6th April||Aerobics||Burscough Old Peoples’ Club.||£7||8:00pm|
|10th April||Latin McDonald Dance Academy||The Royal British Legion, Lord St, Burscough, Ormskirk LancsL40 4BZ||£7||7:30pm|
|12th April||Wii Night||Arts Centre, Burscough Wharf.||£7||7:30pm|
|13thApril||Quiz night||The Wardens, Blaguegate Lane, Skelmersdale.||£7||7:30pm|
|Easter Break Good Friday 14th April to Easter Monday 17th April.|
|19th April||Boccia and New Age Kurling||Arts Centre, Burscough Wharf.||£7||7.30pm|
|24th April||Dance||Greenhill Hub, Skelmersdale||£7||7:30pm|
|26th April||Bowling||Premier Bowl, Southport.||£10||7:30pm|
|27th April||Fitness night||Fitness night at Burscough Fitness and Racquets Centre.||£7||7:30pm|
The next Big Night Out is Friday 14th April 2017 at 730pm-1030pm at The Wardens, 244 Blaguegate Lane, Skelmersdale Lancs WN8 8TX. Cost £5.
The next Maghull Disco is on Friday 28th April at 730pm, Maghull Royal British Legion, Liverpool Rd South, Maghull, Liverpool, L31 7DJ. Cost £1. These are nothing to do with Sporting Challenge.
Divine Dance run by Divine Days Creative Arts
Divine Days Thursday Dance Session 11am-12pm, first session is free then just £3.50 thereafter which includes refreshments. The dance session is at The Greenhill Community Hub, Beech Close, Skelmersdale.
Divine Days’ Community Connections project allows people to try activities they used to enjoy and to sample new activities. Our session allows you dip into a wide variety of activities, learn a new skill, crafts, painting, look at local history books and artefacts from when you were younger, board games, model making and more. With refreshments. Sessions are run by qualified staff.
Thursdays at the Greenhill Community Hub, Beech Close, Skelmersdale. £1.50 per session. £5 membership per year. Please ask if you have any questions or if you want to come.
Timesavers currently have a placement available on Thursday afternoons, get in touch for further details. You must have some basic computer knowledge and are interested in learning office skills.
Active Travel – Bikes.
Sporting Challenge are a member of Sefton’s Active Travel Scheme. This means you can use the bikes available from Splashworld (10am-5pm), these include regular bikes and also adapted bikes. Get in touch if you want to use them. I will organise an event with them too in the summer.
We understand that sometimes it is necessary to cancel activities that you have booked. We would appreciate it however, if you could give at least 2 days’ notice of cancellation so that we have time to offer your place to someone else. If you don’t give 2 days’ notice, we may have to charge you the cost of the activity.
Why not join the Sporting Challenge Facebook Group? https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/197216310299358/
- Bowling. Tenpin bowling at Southport bowling alley. Southport-Ocean Plaza, Premier Bowl.
- Aerobics. Get fit under the expert eye of a qualified trainer. Old Peoples Club, Burscough.
- Boccia and New Age Kurling. Burscough Wharf Arts Centre. Session by Domino Partnerships.
- Wii games against your friends! Burscough Wharf Arts Centre. Session by Domino Partnerships.
- Dance in Skelmersdale. Sessions for all under the instruction of qualified tutors provided by Divine Days Creative Arts. Please bring a drink with you.
- Try our new Dance session in Burscough run by McDonald Dance Academy from Burscough. Come and try our new session, should be great fun and good exercise. This month is Latin Dancing. With instructors George and Katie. Tonight we are having an Easter bonnet parade. Please bring/make one if you want to enter.
- Fitness night at Burscough Fitness and Racquets Centre which is near Burscough Tesco. Please bring a drink with you. Run with West Lancs Leisure Trust.
- Quiz night. Our new quiz night this month is at The Wardens. The quiz is only for our members. There is a bar at The Wardens. Quiz will feature different rounds so swot up!
- Computer Course is for people already enrolled. Two dates in April.