Sporting Challenge have organised a weekend away at an outward bound / activity centre each year in 2017, 2018 and 2019. These were very popular. Our next one is in 2021.
The next break is to be at a Lancashire based outward bound centre which is adapted for people with disabilities. The break enables our group to achieve their potential through the challenge of outdoor adventure in the countryside.
They will take part in a wide range of adventurous outdoor activities, meaningful challenge and adventure within a framework of safety. The centre provides skilled, qualified and caring staff able to fulfil the needs of visitors, as well as our own support staff.
The benefits and enjoyment of the activities will be offered to all, irrespective of ability. These benefits include:
- The enrichment in the life of each individual through adventure and personal achievement.
- The chance to enjoy countryside of exceptional natural beauty.
- Recreational opportunities that can be transferred into everyday living.
- Personal development and rehabilitation leading to integration.
- Less dependence on their carers/family.
- Increased confidence.
- Increased self-esteem.
- Increase in skills.
Some example photos of previous holidays: